Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

Naish 2021 S25 Maliko

Created by LucBenac > 9 months ago, 10 Jul 2020
LucBenac
432 posts
10 Jul 2020 12:54AM
Thumbs Up

It looks like Naish is rolling out 2021 Maliko.
Look like the same than 2020 with different stickers unless somebody has insider's information.

naishusa.com/collections/composite/products/s25-maliko?variant=32620671959122

Area10
1508 posts
19 Jul 2020 10:46PM
Thumbs Up

Have you got your 2020 Maliko yet, Luc?

I can't decide between the Maliko or a SIC Bullet 2020 for light downwinding for my son. He loved the Bullet V1. I was not a particular fan of the V2. I once tried the Maliko 14x28 that DJ owns (thanks DJ!) a couple of years ago (2018 model maybe) in similar conditions to what we have here and was very impressed with it. But there's no chance to demo the 2020 one, and I'm not too impressed with reports of the build quality of the Maliko 2020 and the rather basic fittings. The Bullet is noticeably more expensive but it is a Kinetic-made board, full PVC sandwich and all the bells and whistles (bungees, race handles etc) so will be lighter and stronger. I'm getting pretty cheesed off these days with boards that ding as soon as you look at them, especially for downwinding,where the odd knock is almost inevitable. But maybe the Maliko might win out in terms of all-round performance and ease of handling in severe crosswinds....

Any thoughts?

LucBenac
432 posts
19 Jul 2020 11:46PM
Thumbs Up

It has not arrived to the dealer yet. It is coming from Naish USA.
I would love Naish to have their only two boards (or just teh Maliko :-) ) built at Kinetic, then it would tick all the boxes.

I know the feeling, in the past choosing between JL boards - great construction but I don't like the designs - and Naish hit and miss construction but great design.
I would be curious to see the latest iteration of the Infinity Blackfish. Construction is top and the new design is looking good. Too bad it is 25" or 27" but not 26", my magic width.
The Sunova Torpedo was also looking really good with both construction and design but the 2020 Maliko on sale cost me $1,300 less with Sunova threatening to increase pricing even more and 60 days leadtime!
Easy decision even if with a lower quality construction. I know the general design of the Maliko and it has never dissapointed so with similar nose and rocker and a pintail, my hopes are high that it will be a small improvement over the 2018/2019.
I still never really managed to buy a SIC board. There is always something in teh way - availability, construction, volume.....but good for them to have moved to Kinetic.

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"Naish 2021 S25 Maliko" started by LucBenac