Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

Starboard 9' x 28"x 101 litres

Created by Lizardman > 9 months ago, 22 May 2022
Lizardman
VIC, 106 posts
22 May 2022 9:05AM
Thumbs Up

I noticed the above longboard for sale via WSS in Manly and I am wanting to get some info from members in regards to its performance. I currently have the 10' x 29 123 liters version which is and amazing board to surf on, it catches ripples. My SUP surfing has improved 200% on it but I have been considering downsizing to a 9 footer and more narrow than 29" so this second hand board meets the criteria. There are no Smik mini Stylelords or Sunova Revoluions in the size range for sale anywhere as the have rave reviews, but I havent read much on a Starboard this size. I am 70 kg, 169 cm and intermediate Sup surfer, Cheers.

Hoppo3228
VIC, 736 posts
23 May 2022 6:20PM
Thumbs Up

More agility on wave, more ability to rip turns (if you like surfing in an aggressive way.... ). Probably 10-15% more if you had to put a number on it. Less glide, but still plenty of trim.

Worth it?

Lizardman
VIC, 106 posts
24 May 2022 7:58AM
Thumbs Up

I have been contacted by a local BM who has one for sale, if I can get the price down a little it might be worth it. The ten footer can be a pain to put on the roof racks etc but I think it's still worth keeping. As you would know it's always tempting to get a different board when you feel your supping has improved. I have an 8'7" placid but I don't use it as much as it works better on more powerful waves.Cheers for your input

MiSUP
NSW, 12 posts
6 Jun 2022 8:57AM
Thumbs Up

I have the 9'0 28" 101L . Bought it 2 months ago and haven't ridden my other boards since. I'm 75kg, 6' and just turned 60. Try and get out every day. I put in a smaller rear fin - have a selection now (thanks to Tardy).

I get so many waves and I believe my surfing has improved a lot......at my age.. Once you get on the tail you can turn it so easily. I try not to ride it longboard style (if you know what I mean). I mainly surf fattish beach breaks but clean. It could handle a variety of conditions.
I searched the net and this was the only board I could find for lighter riders. I wanted something around the 100-105L but still manageable for my ability. I bought the Starlite version new.

It feels like I'm surfing again because of the volume to my weight - the rails are in the wave not on top of it. - LOVE IT !!

Lizardman
VIC, 106 posts
6 Jun 2022 3:30PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
MiSUP said..
I have the 9'0 28" 101L . Bought it 2 months ago and haven't ridden my other boards since. I'm 75kg, 6' and just turned 60. Try and get out every day. I put in a smaller rear fin - have a selection now (thanks to Tardy).

I get so many waves and I believe my surfing has improved a lot......at my age.. Once you get on the tail you can turn it so easily. I try not to ride it longboard style (if you know what I mean). I mainly surf fattish beach breaks but clean. It could handle a variety of conditions.
I searched the net and this was the only board I could find for lighter riders. I wanted something around the 100-105L but still manageable for my ability. I bought the Starlite version new.

It feels like I'm surfing again because of the volume to my weight - the rails are in the wave not on top of it. - LOVE IT !!

Cheers mate I'm still contemplating whether to get on or not but I can't fault the 10' version.

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"Starboard 9' x 28"x 101 litres" started by Lizardman