Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

Anyone own 2022 starboard hypernut blue carbon 5 in 1 What straps does it come with

Created by Henners > 9 months ago, 10 Aug 2022
Henners
363 posts
10 Aug 2022 8:56PM
Thumbs Up

Hi all,
a bit of a specific question.
Does anyone own 2022 starboard Hypernut blue carbon 5 in 1, What straps does it come with?
I bought the same model but in Limited series and it did not come with the straps.
I asked my local dealer for straps and starboard Japan told him that it comes with 3 long straps.
I have put one of the long straps on the front foot and it is HUGE and that is at the smallest setting.
It just does not seem right.

Henners
363 posts
11 Aug 2022 12:38PM
Thumbs Up

Are they three long straps or 2 short and one long?

theSeb
247 posts
11 Aug 2022 4:17PM
Thumbs Up

I believe that they are all the same - the spec sheet photo leads me to believe this. I've not got mine yet since I am waiting for the 8' to become available where I live.

Henners
363 posts
11 Aug 2022 5:30PM
Thumbs Up

Any chance you can get back to me?
I also looked at the whats in the box sheet and it looks like 3 X foot straps would be the same.
But if you look a the page before ( sup.star-board.com/paddle-board/hard-paddle-board/hyper-nut-foil-5-in-1/) it says "NEW EXTRA LONG FOOTSTRAP"

theSeb
247 posts
11 Aug 2022 6:37PM
Thumbs Up

Good point. When you look at the dimensions between the holes on that same page (16 cm for the fronts, 20 cm for the back) it would make more sense to have 2 x shorter ones and 1 x longer one.

Sure, but I may end up giving up on waiting because the 2022 blue carbon range anything seems to be taking ages to materialise in my country. Meanwhile a local dealer has a 2021 Hypernut Starlite 8' and is willing to give 25% off, which is constantly tempting me.

Henners
363 posts
11 Aug 2022 8:11PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
theSeb said..
Good point. When you look at the dimensions between the holes on that same page (16 cm for the fronts, 20 cm for the back) it would make more sense to have 2 x shorter ones and 1 x longer one.

Sure, but I may end up giving up on waiting because the 2022 blue carbon range anything seems to be taking ages to materialise in my country. Meanwhile a local dealer has a 2021 Hypernut Starlite 8' and is willing to give 25% off, which is constantly tempting me.

Sound like a good deal, the only thing is I think 2021 was not designed with winging in mind. I wanted to try out winging and got a few sessions this season. Yeah, it's fun and I can see why people like it. Might need a few more sessions to get hooked.

theSeb
247 posts
11 Aug 2022 8:29PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Henners said..

theSeb said..

Sound like a good deal, the only thing is I think 2021 was not designed with winging in mind. I wanted to try out winging and got a few sessions this season. Yeah, it's fun and I can see why people like it. Might need a few more sessions to get hooked.

Yeah, the 2021 has a few drawbacks in my mind. The 2021 Starlite is about 1 kg heavier than the 2022 Limited and more than that when compared to the 2022 blue carbon. It also has no goretex valve and since they decided to include it on the 2022 model, they obviously know more about it than I do.

I already have a Takeoff for winging, but I reckon the Hypernut will be great for surfing the 2-3 foot mush I normally have and sup foiling maybe.

Henners
363 posts
12 Aug 2022 8:42AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
theSeb said..

Henners said..

theSeb said..

Yeah, the 2021 has a few drawbacks in my mind. The 2021 Starlite is about 1 kg heavier than the 2022 Limited and more than that when compared to the 2022 blue carbon. It also has no goretex valve and since they decided to include it on the 2022 model, they obviously know more about it than I do.

I already have a Takeoff for winging, but I reckon the Hypernut will be great for surfing the 2-3 foot mush I normally have and sup foiling maybe.

It's great for SUP surfing. If the forecast is under 1.5m then I head to the beach with my old longboard and hypernut.
It's a bit of a long off-season for windsurfing here so most of us addicts try to find something to get by. For me, it was surfing and SUP surfing. But I got a bigger wing last week and I am planning to try SUP foiling. There is a very little river mouth break that is about 50m out from the shore which is normally on when most breaks are flat.
What I really liked about the HN is that there is plenty of volume in the back end. When I was windfoiling, I could have both my feet in the straps and then pump up on the foil. On my previous board I would have my front foot in the strap start pumping, get going and then put my back foot in and take off. I figure for SUP foiling it might be a similar thing, I can get my feet sorted before take-off and then only have to concentrate on balance.

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

"Anyone own 2022 starboard hypernut blue carbon 5 in 1 What straps does it come with" started by Henners